Thursday, January 8, 2009

from Liz Attig (Kibbles)

Eric and I were reminicing last night about Tom. We remembered his pedal stroke too. How funny. Any sweeping the roads...

Tom was a great guy. I don't ever think I saw him in a bad mood. He was always smiling. For all I know, he may have had a terrible day, but he never let on when I saw him. I don't remember when I first met Tom, but it was probably on one of my first rides with the Rocket Dogs. Eric said that the first time he met Tom, he thought that he was putting on a front, with his kindness, his smile.... Obviously he got to know him and this wasn't the case, but it just goes to show that there really aren't many people like him that you meet in your lifetime. Like Kim mentioned, he was alway interested in how you were doing and what you were up to. I can still hear him saying, "Kibbles," whenever he randomly ran into me. He was probabably one of the only people that still called me that.

Great idea about the binder Jim. I was thinking that his kids probably didn't know how much his dad ment to other people, or how much he'll be missed. Sometimes you think know a person, but you only meet them or know them in a certain light. Unfortunately, sometimes you don't come to learn the full scope of who they are until they are gone. I'm sure it would mean a lot to them to hear all the kind words we have and all the great memories we share. I wanted to find a picture of Tom last night. I had a hard time processing the information and thought it would help me. I'm glad these emails got started, becuase I think its helped me even more. But the binder makes me think that maybe we could also include some photos we have of Tom. Maybe at races or at parties, or whatever. Do you have any that you could include?

No comments:

Post a Comment