Thursday, January 8, 2009

Black Dogs in the mud...from Becky Mokelke (Malecki)

One of my very favorite memories of Tommy, Uncle Tom, or Tomas was a few summers back. Anyone remember Green Valley flooded? Tom decided we should go out for our run even though it was completely mud. Before Tom's dog Merlot was really having a hard time we took her and my dog Chicago out into the overflowing river and threw sticks for the dogs until they were exhausted. Merlot and Chicago sure did have a great time!

Gosh, I just can't believe that he is gone. Just Monday he said he was going to stop by my parents house to drop off Christmas gifts for the kids. I keep thinking of all of the things Tom, his daughter Corey and my family did together, you really don't realize how interwoven your friendship has become with someone until you are the only one left standing holding the dog leash huh?

About 3 weeks ago, I called him last minute to ask him to watch my dog and of course he said no problem. I get to his house and what does he have for me but one of those dumpster gems that Jane was talking about! Cracked me up! He hands me a bottle of Dawn dish soap and says hey come look I'm finally finishing the basement bathroom!

Tom was just a good guy, never had anything bad to say, never judging anyone and always there to help. Many times when people die everyone says "oh he was such a good guy" but Tom truly was. I don't know any other way to say it. Joanne DT and I were talking tonight and she said that they just don't make 'em like Tom and I said yes they do his daughter Corey has the same heart as Tom.

God Bless you Tom and all who are missing him. Thank you for making me part of your life, I'm honored to have called you a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment