Thursday, January 8, 2009

from Lindsay (RedDog)

I can say that riding with Tom and the guys made me a better cyclist. I learned to love going on those rides with the guys, trying to keep up, then eventually getting faster. Tom always picked my brain on what I was doing to train for whatever the upcoming race was that I was doing. When I got my new KM40 1 week before IM FL, I got a flat on the last training ride. Tom and Brad helped me fix it, because of course I was stressed about this going into my first Ironman. Tom was always laughing, and new how to make you feel better.

I just saw Tom this fall at a cyclocross race in St. Charles. It had been a while since I have seen him, but it was just like I had last seen him yesterday. He was raving about how hard cyclocross was, but he loved it and we were talking about how cool cyclocross bikes are.

He will be greatly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment